After the vacation has been paid for, dining has been chosen, fastpasses are reserved, and the MagicBands have been selected, many of you may find yourselves looking to add a little extra Pixie Dust without adding to that all important budget. Your Fairy Tale Concierge agents have just the suggestions you need. Here are the Top 10 Free Things to Do at Walt Disney World!
1. Celebrate the magic with personalized buttons! You can get various celebratory buttons for FREE at resort check-in and even at different spots around all four parks. From Birthday to Anniversary to Just Because, let the Mouse himself (and everyone else) know what you are celebrating! Pro Tip: If your special date was in the six months before the trip or will be in the six months after the trip, it is okay to grab a button! 😉
2. Celebrate your birthday at the LEGO Store in Disney Springs! If taking in all the amazing brick creations and endless opportunity to build your own isn’t enough FREE entertainment, the LEGO Store will GIFT you or your family member a personalized card and let you design your very own mini figure to take home.
3. There is evil at work at the Magic Kingdom, and it is up to you to stop it! Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is an interactive scavenger hunt that has you use your FREE magic cards to stop Hades from stealing Merlin’s Crystal, and he has gathered a group of Disney’s infamous villains to help him. Pick up your map and collectible card pack at the Firehouse on Main Street USA and save the world!
4. Join Captain Jack Sparrow on a Pirate’s Adventure: Treasure of the Seven Seas at the Magic Kingdom. Follow 1 of 5 collectible maps around Adventureland to find hidden treasure. If you are brave enough to complete all 5 quests, you can pick up a final completer card signed by Captain Jack Sparrow himself!
5. Join Perry the Platypus as he thwarts one of Dr. Doofenshmirtz’s evil plans! In Disney’s EPCOT, you can take part in Phineas and Ferb: Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure. Make your way around the world, cracking clues, and working with Major Monogram and Carl to keep Dr. D from unleashing one of his “-inators”!
6. In Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park, you can be like Russel from Pixar’s UP, and get sworn in as a Wilderness Explorer to take part in an exciting and educational scavenger hunt throughout the park. Once you are sworn in, take your FREE explorer booklet around AK and earn 31 different badges. When you have filled your book with the badge stickers, and your brain with great facts, you can be sworn in as a Senior Wilderness Explorer!
7. Take a quick pit stop at Club Cool in EPCOT and sample a variety of sodas from around the world. Club Cool sponsored by Coca-Cola is a FREE, self-serve soda sampling counter. Be warned though…try Beverly at your own risk!
8. Get crafty in EPCOT’s World Showcase at the Kidcot Fun Spots! See the Cast Member at any Kidcot Fun Stop to get a complimentary cardboard Duffy the Disney Bear, Mickey’s teddy bear pal, for your child to decorate and personalize with the supplies provided at each station. Your friendly Cast Member will share insights about his or her native land and give your child a stamp of Duffy in each country. Visit each Kidcot Fun Stop in every international pavilion to collect them all!
9. Take advantage of numerous forms of fun and FREE transportation! Start your trip off with the Magical Express bus from Orlando International Airport to your WDW resort. Then, if you are looking for something fun to do, you can take advantage of the water taxis, monorails, and buses to sight see around the vast property. Some of the best sightseeing can be done at the many resort hotels, especially during the holidays.
10. Each Disney resort has it’s own wonderful theme that makes it special. Aside from it’s stellar rooms and cool thematic buildings and grounds, each resort offers other FREE activities. Hang out by the pool and join the party activities like pool side trivia, hula hoop contests and bingo, just to name a few. In the evening, many resorts often offer movies under the stars and campfires where you can roast some yummy marshmallows. Check with your front desk to see what is happening at your home away from home!
For more FREE tips or to plan your next magical vacation, contact me, Stacy Kramer, at ZoesMomma@gmail.com.