Walt Disney World in Florida is so magical. Between the fun rides, good food, great character interactions, and just the overall feel of the place, it always gives me a happy buzz. But let’s be completely honest for a minute…it can be EXHAUSTING to visit as a parent! It’s still magical and amazing, but sometimes you just need a slower paced vacation that still has all the magical feels. Cue Disney Cruise Line.
Disney Cruise Line has brought the magic of Disney World with character interactions, world class service (If you want to feel pampered, this is the place to go!), delicious dining options, Broadway style shows, first run movies, fun pools and water slides…I could go on and on. Here are my top 5 reasons why my FAVORITE family vacation is anywhere sailing with Disney Cruise Line.
1. ME time and WE time – This one is my absolute favorite part. Disney Imagineers have come up with the GENIUS idea of separating the ship into different areas. There are spaces for kids only (except during specially scheduled times when parents are welcome to join), spaces for families to enjoy together, and spaces for ADULTS ONLY. That’s right. On a Disney Cruise, it’s possible to get a minute to relax guilt free while the kids are off having a blast.
2. Amazing Kids Clubs – The kids’ spaces are amazing. The tiniest cruisers can go to the Small World nursery for a fee. Older adventurers (ages 3 and up) can step inside some of their favorite movies and TV shows. From Andy’s Room from Toy Story, to the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars, to Pixie Hollow with Tinkerbell, there is something for everyone. The kids play games, make crafts, meet new friends, and even hang out with some of their favorite Disney characters! There is a separate space with more grown-up activities for tweens who have outgrown play areas. There is also a separate space just for teens – even with their own private pool on some ships! With such great spaces for kids, you might just have a hard time getting them to leave!
3. Entertainment Galore – There is always something to do on a Disney Cruise. From family games to Bingo to amazing Broadway shows to Pirate parties with fireworks at sea, the fun is NONSTOP!
4. Food, food, and more food – There are tons of options for food. There are yummy, quick, grab and go options poolside, a buffet, three main dining rooms, 24 hour self serve ice cream, and…wait for it…ROOM SERVICE! The ability to come back and order room service before bed might possibly be my kids’ favorite part of the cruise. The best part? All of that glorious food is included in the cost of your cruise! If those aren’t enough options for you, there are also two adult only restaurants, Remi and Palo, which take date night to a whole new level. With multiple courses and ambiance to make it a perfect experience, these are not to be missed. These adult dining options do require a little extra fee, but they are definitely worth the splurge!
5. Characters! – The entire reason so many people love all things Disney is due to the films they grew up with and fell in love watching. On a Disney Cruise, you can meet the characters straight out of those films, and, yes, you can meet the main mouse himself…Mickey!
If you would like more information about Disney Cruise Lines, or would like a free, no obligation quote, contact me, Heidi Daren, at Heidi@FairyTaleConcierge.com.